Label next to solution button please?

Hi @Wimpy, @lah7,

is it possible to put text beside the best answer button as it is being overlooked in many solved posts and although solved, there is no indication of that fact!. :smiley:

Something like, ā€œClick here to mark as solvedā€ or something similar please!. :smiley:

Solved button please

4 Likes

I think thatā€™s a good idea, something like ā€œMark as Solvedā€ next to the iconā€¦

The trouble is, itā€™s not something that can be easily added. :frowning: It would require some changes made to its source first.

For now, weā€™ll need to educate our members with this post:

I thought I set this, but Regulars are now able to set solutions for any topic. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I am regular, I go every morning!. :thumbsup: Thanks Luke. :smiley:

Technically, it shouldnā€™t require changing any source except for the website. Couldnā€™t it be deterined in the site code to make a pseudochild for the ā€œMark as solvedā€ button?

Iā€™m pretty sure I can do this in less than a half-hour if I probe the site for what class creates the checkbox. It would be a dirty solution, but one nonetheless.

1 Like

Technically possible, but definitely a dirty hackā€¦ main problem is that changes would be lost when the software/container updatesā€¦ Plus, I donā€™t have access to the siteā€™s source itself. :confused:

If itā€™s a patch in the plug-inā€™s source, then it could be applied.

When I get some spare time, I might have a probe to implement it properly (with the option in settings) ā€“ since itā€™s open source, it can be contributed back to the wider community too. :slight_smile:

1 Like