Locations Tweak in Calendar

In the calendar. Is there a way to reorganise the order of the locations clocks without having to remove them and add them again in the right order ?
I could not find an answer anywhere I looked.

W

Not that I know of, and I am a developer who has actually read and tweaked the code for the Clock Applet before. It looks like the items are sorted in descending order of current time in each location, then sorted by the name of each location (in the event that two locations in the list have the same local times, like Birmingham and Tunis in your list).

What I'm saying is that no matter what order in which you add the locations, the locations will always appear in the order displayed above.

I'm not necessarily going to commit to changing the code for you, but if you ask enough, I might get up off my (loaded-down) posterior and write a patch for this -- for you. I'd try to contribute it "upstream" afterward, and chances are that'd work, but the official "upstream" changes are going to take a while to filter down into Ubuntu MATE officially. Therefore, in the meantime you'll have to run through steps much like those described in this post of mine: How to modify and rebuild a package for Ubuntu MATE (or Ubuntu, or Debian)

2 Likes

I'm impressed! Being answered by one of the guys 'behind it' :slight_smile:
Making for quicker visual (which is an issue really when you have many) I just thought it would be a good idea to be able to sort them by order of preference or priority (e.g. by sliding them like for the language preferenes for instance). But it is really an issue (not that big) with those working through many time zones every day and having to refer to the list on and on. If you have only 3 separate location clocks... I wouldn't see the point.
But hey ! My 'loaded b...' oups ... posterior make my daily priorities taking over also at this end.
Many thanks for this answer.
Cheers
W

2 Likes