Low disk space - What should I do?

sudo apt autoremove

In the future don’t create a separate partition for /boot, it’s useless.

I tried to fix this but I failed...

Please answer this post, otherwise I will have to format the PC… Thanks in advance for the help

I think the question was already answered; there is no need for a /boot partition if you really don’t need it, since GRUB’s MBR is enough. You can, however delete the /boot partition, then use grub-install to see if you cannot deal with that or if all else fails you can re-install the same version of the system over itself, do your updates and save all of your data in /home.

Thank you for your answer. Since I am not a computer expert, I would appreciate a low-level recipe (i.e., instead of delete the boot partition, the specific commands to execute from terminal / a step-by-step tutorial or something easy to implement. Thanks again

I do not know how I can simplify what I had written when I have provided clear, concise instructions. I am sorry to say this, but eventually you’ll need to just learn this crap so you can understand how to resolve any mistakes and issues you may encounter.

Look, I don’t want to either. I think Linux systems et al should be easier to use because while we’ve come a long way as a userland, we’re still unable to simplify some things, like what you’re attempting to do. The most easy thing you can do is try shrinking the system partition, moving it over a bit and expanding /boot but that would take hours depending on the mass of data in that partition. With the same time spent, you can delete swap, expand the partition before it in its place and re-create swap where /boot was, then reinstall the system and continue with life.

A good start would be here ;

https://help.ubuntu.com/community/HowtoPartition

It’s really useful to get to understand the basics of how partitions work, and what they do. So even if you just read the basics and a couple of sections below that on managing them, it will help you to learn more in terms of what to do should you encounter other problems that are disk related, now and in he future.

If there are any other questions you have, don’t hesitate to ask.