Maintaining VirtualBox is so frustrating

I rarely use VB, but today I went to import a OVA file and could not. My current version is 5.2. I click check for updates, there are none available. I look in Software Boutique, it does not show me having VirtualBox, but it shows it available to install. Software Boutique does not show what version is available, but I assume 6.1. So what is the best way forward? I am thinking of:

sudo apt remove virtualbox-5.2
sudo apt install virtualbox

or should I:
then install using Software Boutique?

Just an update, neither method above works. sudo apt install virtualbox instals a different version of 5.2, I thinki it went from 5.2.31 to 5.2.32 even though 5.31 indicated I had the latest version. Software Boutique installed 5.2.32 as well. To get 6.1 installed I did the following:

wget https://download.virtualbox.org/virtualbox/6.1.0/virtualbox-6.1_6.1.0-135406~Ubuntu~bionic_amd64.deb
sudo dpkg -i ./virtualbox-6.1_6.1.0-135406~Ubuntu~bionic_amd64.deb

VirtualBox downloaded and installed from the virtualbox.org site does not work with Ubuntu MATE Release 19.10 (Eoan Ermine).

You have to use the VirtualBox version from the Software Boutique (VirtualBox version 6.0.14).

Uninstall VirtualBox
sudo apt-get remove virtualbox*
Open Software Boutique, search for VirtualBox and install it from there.

Don't forget to download and install the VirtualBox Extension Pack and .iso

I am running UM 18.04. As mentioned in the original post, when I installed from the Boutique I got version 5.2.32. I was successful getting Version 6.1.0 r135406 (Qt5.9.5) on UM 18.04 by downloading from virtualbox.org. Thanks for the reminder to install the VirtualBox Extension Pack and .iso