Mate-16.04 Clock Panel app disappeared & other panel problems

On my wife’s computer the clock panel display (next to the shutdown icon) disappeared. I can add other apps to the panel, but not the clock from Rclick->AddToPanel.

On my system the volume control has gone from what I assume is the pulse audio volume control to just a simple vertical slider control. I’ve reinstalled the pulse audio volume control to no avail.

Right-click on the panel sound icon. Select Sound Preferences.

Concerning your wife’s computer, is she by any chance using MATE 1.14.1 with the Weather applet on the MATE panel? There was a small update yesterday that caused exactly this problem. It was fixed soon after and users could get their clock back when they ran the Software Updater again.

Regarding your system (and you can try this on your wife’s computer too if the above fails or is not applicable), you could try going to System -> Preferences -> Look and Feel -> Mate Tweak and choose the Interface panel. Change to another panel layout and then back again again to what you had previously. See if that fixes it. Make sure you have Enable Indicators checked under the Panel Menu Features label in the same window.

3 Likes

Concerning your wife’s computer, is she by any chance using MATE 1.14.1 with the Weather applet on the MATE panel? There was a small update yesterday that caused exactly this problem. It was fixed soon after and users could get their clock back when they ran the Software Updater again.

BIngo! Thanks, guess it would have fixed itself on the next automatic update.

The mate tweak changing panel layout didn’t fix my issue, and lost the drag and drop menu entries I’d added (no biggie), but Enable Indicators was unchecked and that was the solution. Thanks again!

1 Like

I have Mate 16.04, all updated and upgraded, and I can’t get it working, with and without weather applet

Where is the solution?

Here

You must upgrade your current mate 1.12 desktop to 1.14.

Y have the last version of desktop:

• and I don't use the weather applet

Guess I do not understand the question. What is not working, the desktop? The panel? The…?

today I updated and all is perfect,

thank you all!

The problem is the same that explains the caption of this forum-post: “Clock panel disappeared”, beside volume and net connections, and bluetooth …etc I had the clock, and has gone

I have a similar problem, nm-applet is missing and clock is empty
try this and tell me :
System -> Preferences -> Look and Feel -> Mate Tweak and choose the Interface panel
and click “save the layout…” your screen blink and reload the missing things

edit : update today, no problem after reboot. problem solved for me !