Mate Displays fails to apply configuration but ARandR is successful

When I logged in today, I got notification

The selected configuration for displays could not be applied
required virtual size does not fit available size: requested=(5760, 1080), minimum=(320, 200), maximum=(65535, 65535).
from mate-settings-daemon

I did not knowingly adjust any display settings last session. Last week, I installed Ubuntu Mate 22.04 clean. I was able to configure my three 1920x1080 monitors correctly using the Displays application. Last session, I installed qemu and quickemu, then got a VM running using quickemu using a basic setup. I also performed apt update and apt upgrade. There were only 32 packages that needed to be upgraded (I don't know what packages those were) and I haven't installed many packages outside of a minimal install.

I installed ARandR and was able to configure my monitors correctly. I've exported the xrandr script and I could set it to execute at login but this feels like a poor workaround for something that was already working until this sessions. I'm not sure how to go about troubleshooting if it was qemu that borked things or those other packages I upgraded.

I'm an using x11 session.

edit
I searched around and found some old askubuntu posts that recommended deleting the ./config/monitors.xml and rebooting. I tried this and was not successful.

Using arandr, I was able to generate an xrandr script that will orient my monitors they way I want and I have that script run on login. This is a hack solution because mate-display-properties should orient the displays on its own without me having to run this script.

I'm leaving thread unresolved for now. Hopefully, the problem will resolve itself in the future or I'll figure out the true cause of the issue. I make no promises about updating/resolving this thread.