Mate-tweak Panel Feature question

While looking for something else, of course, I came across a setting in mate-tweak

Panel; Panel Features; Enable keyboard LED.

I checked it and low and behold I can see the status of the Caps Lock and Num Lock on my keyboard. This is especially useful with my test Pi as I am using a cheap wireless keyboard which does not have any indicators on the keyboard. My question is…

I see in the notification area a 9 in a circle and an A in a circle. These are obviously num-lock and caps-lock. There is also a two headed arrow (pointing up and down) in a circle. Can someone tell me what this indicates? I have tried various other keys and nothing seems to make it change color as do the num-lock and caps-lock indicators.

Thanks,

Ken

It’s for scroll-lock.

Thanks Misko_2083,

I sort of suspected that. However, as the link points out, scroll lock is apparently not enabled by default. That is why nothing happened when I hit the scroll lock key. I can’t say I really miss that feature. I cannot recall the last time I used scroll lock for anything.

Ken

I think the manufacturers keep scroll lock button in there only for estetic reasons. :slight_smile:

Wackypedia had an interesting read about the scroll lock key.