Missing "Logon Window" icon in control center

Hello,
On some rarely computers I installed Ubuntu Mate 22.04, there are missing icons in control center. All computers with that issue are up to date. For instance, I need to add the "Logon Window" icon in control center. How to add this ?
For your information, I install Ubuntu Mate one or two by week, for old people, since 4 years. I confirm I'm interest to add in priority the Logon Window.

1 Like

Salut Philippe

Do you mean "Users and Groups"?

If that is what you mean, then Installing gnome-system-tools will restore the missing option in the Control Center
see: Can't find "user and groups" - #10 by franksmcb

You can install gnome-system-tools either via the command line, or if you want a GUI-package installer you can use Synaptic. :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

It works here on UM22.04.1 as noted I was not using it so didn't miss it.
Thanks.

1 Like

Had a slight setback with above procedure. :grinning:
Went to check for updates and muscle memory menu/system/administration/software updates click, now brought me to software & updates that I didn't notice. Just so used to moving to right and clicking.
No problem edited menu and unchecked new item and originals moved down, all is well. :grinning: :grinning:
m

1 Like

I edit my first post to add correct screenshot and my context.
I confirm I need to add the "Logon Window" icon, in order to allow the users to disable or enable the auto-login. These users are old people with difficult with "computers", so no way to tell them to use the terminal. They need graphic user interface with icons to change their settings. Install gnome-system-tools doesn't add the Logon Window icon.

1 Like

Hi I used method suggested by @alpinejohn
Look at my after screenshot in post 3.
I believe Startup Disk Creator is now done via Disks under hardware.
Administration Users and Groups is added by alpinjohn's suggestion.
And function of Login Window is now handled in Users and Groups via information here. Scroll down

https://askubuntu.com/questions/1202230/auto-login-enable-on-turn-on-system

1 Like

Nope.
If Ubuntu Mate is installed with auto-login, then this option doesn't work when checked or unchecked. That's why I show the way by "Logon Window" for old people.

1 Like

You can watch on this screen record that this option doesn't work.

1 Like

Guess I can't help seems to work for me.
Image is what I ended up with. Unchecked 6 and got to 7.
Lower left image is result and lower right is after I changed back to require password.
Sorry

1 Like

Done. I successfully add the "Logon Window" icon with the help of this, sudo apt install slick-greeter

1 Like