Nautilus/caja extension available

Sorry if this is the wrong place for this, please redirect me as needed.

Subject tool is ad-hoc and not all that spiffy, but it adds lots of capabilities to nautilus/caja, things like copying a filespec to the clipboard, tar’ing directories, relaunching as root to edit config files, etc. It’s written in PHP so many may not grok its stroke. First FOSS tool pitched into the pot, FWIW.

Edit: Hidden by ouroumov

Edit: ouroumov restoring hidden content:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/td4biij9kiui7e4/nautilusExtension.tar.gz?dl=0

Hello
I’ve edited your post.
Please provide the source directly, not an obfuscated self unpacking binary blob.
It’s not that I don’t trust you but… See the argument “if you want the source, just run the program with argument X” doesn’t cut it. There’s no telling the resulting source matches the binary blob and you still have to execute a potentially hostile program.

Okay, i’m new here so i’m unfamiliar with local posting mechanics; you said you’ve edited my post, but i don’t know what you changed or why, is there some indication that i don’t know how to read, or how’s that work?

As for directly providing the source, that’s a real valid point, i’d certainly never run something sight-unseen, duh. My bad, i’ve uploaded a new file in which that’s included separately instead of forgotten. Run either one (set the execute perm on the unpacked one) and PHP is running theoretically-identical code.

The compressed one is about 5x smaller, but I completely understand the trust issues. I find it annoying that so many “how to” answers one can dig up on the web consist of “enter these commands” instructions, so I’ll say no more except to hope you enjoy whatever you do with nautilusExtension even if that’s nothing. :slight_smile:

Thank you for understanding.
I've now reversed my edit.
FYI you should be able to consult the modifications I made by clicking the pencil icon on the top right corner of your post:

Thanks, interesting how much better whatever forum software you are using here is than the average web forum software fwiw.

1 Like

This is “Discourse”, it’s actually used quite a bit. I know the manjaro forums are using it too. ^^

Is anyone actually using this thing?

I’ve discovered that “backup: commit-all” doesn’t recognize outdated backups. The workaround is to use “backup: commit selected”.