Need advice on linux and licencing

I am about to have a go at making my own midi chromatic bayan accordion. Which is to say, the classical, button based accordion that is typically used by musicians on the professional circuit as well as being the main type of accordion across Western and Eastern Europe for classical as well as traditional music.

For this I will be using an Arduino for the midi controller and a CPU running Linux. If this proves to be a success, then I might consider selling these. Currently, midi chromatic Bayan accordions sell for at least 1.5k English pounds and upwards. I am reasonably confident I can undercut that. But, in any event, if I can’t, then I will still have come out with one of my own for considerably less than the normal price. But, on the assumption it does look to be commercially viable, do I need to have some kind of special license/permission to be using Linux as the brains of this device? Or, can I just go ahead without any permissions and produce and sell it?

HI Steve,

this might help as a starter?:

http://www.drdobbs.com/open-source/9-ways-to-avoid-open-source-pitfalls/222002070 :smiley: