Noticeable graphics issues

Hey Everyone!!

So I don't know if I'm posting this in the right spot. I hope so! Anyhow I just did a fresh install of Ubuntu Mate 19.04 from Windows 10 Pro on my old HP DV6 Notebook with the Intel HD built in graphics. So here's the issue that I've noticed was in the middle of my display (weather connected to my TV thru HDMI or the Notebook Monitor) there is a clear line down the center of the display so if I'm watching a Youtube video or even scrolling thru web page's you see this split in the display and a little bit of a lag if your watching a video. Now I didn't see any display settings other than the one in the control center that only gives me a few options. So I was wondering if there was anyway to adjust the display in Mate other than the option in the control center? I know it isn't my video card as I didn't notice this when I was in slow motion Windows 10.

Welcome.

You may want to try out using a different compositor and see if that helps with the issue.

Open MATE Tweak and go to the Windows section and in the Window manager section choose among the compositors listed to see if that fixes the issue.

I did change that around last night and went with the old windows 98 theme but I still see that clear line thru the center of my display. It's only noticable when I'm scrolling thru the web browser and when watching videos on youtube and kodi. I've been trying to see if anyone else had the same issue but I don't really know if it's just a bug or not.

Making sure I understand. There are 4 different window managers there:

Marco (No compositor)
Marco (Adaptive compositor)
Marco (Compton GPU compositor)
Compiz (Advanced GPU accelerated desktop effects)

You switched to each of those and the problem remained?

Yes sir. I'm currently set at Marco (No compositor). I noticed no differnence other than on Compiz where there was more lag on video watching .

Ok, thanks for the clarification. What browser are you using? And let's say you are using Firefox does this still occur in Chromium?

Sorry for the long response! I was at work. I use regular Chrome. I noticed it also in Firefox. When I watch video's I notice it also using Kodi in full screen. Like if your watching a moive in Kodi and it get into a good scene you'll see the split and there be a little bit of a lag. I guess it's just bugging me that bad.

I think I got it figured it out. I just did a reinstall and I haven't seen it since! Thanks for the information!