Open archives as folders?

Hello,
Is there a plugin (or an option I missed) that makes Caja manage archives (tar.gz, zip, rar, 7z, ace…) as virtual folders rather than opening them in Engrampa?

Perhaps this will help -

Not really, this references an issue where the file manager is replaced by the archive manager because the MIME settings are broken (it happened to me a few years ago, easy to fix but surprising).

What I’m looking for is that when I double-click on an archive in Caja, it opens the content as a (virtual) folder with its files rather than in Engrampa, as it’s done e.g. on Windows.

Sounds like something Cinnamon would do to further integrate and make difficult use of external archive managers. Not that you shouldn’t use the archive manager which exists for your system, as usually that has tight integration with the FM but making the AM part of the FM would potentially cause the entire FM to crash if something with an archive causes the AM functions to hard-lock.

MATE strives to follow the UNIX approach of One program, one purpose whenever possible, so I don’t see this one happening.