Outstanding distribution. Tested all the other major Ubuntu versions

I tested Ubuntu, Lubuntu, Kubuntu, Xubuntu and Ubuntu Studio. I was perfectly happy with 14.04, but time to upgrade was past due.

All kinds of issues, nothing substantial. Just didn’t run right, or interface was a pita and overall, I was not pleased.

Linux Mate is working outstanding. 18.10.

Crisp, things are just working the way I expect.

I’ve been running Ubuntu since it started (maybe not the first version).

I’m just a user. Thank you guys for your work!!

4 Likes

Hello, my pleasure, in my case it was very similar to yours, I tested several like Linux Mint, Kubuntu, etc … more of all I liked the most was Ubuntu Mate for its lightness and simplicity. Hugs and we will continue to contribute to the community.

3 Likes

I 100% agree with this comment.

I have tested and had other distributions in long term use over the last 20 years. Nothing comes close to Ubuntu Mate 18.10.

Hearty congratulations to the development team! And by the way, I work in software dev/IT and I know what it takes to produce a quality product like this.

4 Likes

Hi,

I use Ubuntu since v.5.10 (Breezy Badger), I miss the v.9.10 (Karmic Koala). After about ±4 years using the v.14.04 LTS (Trusty Tahr) I migrated to Mate v.18.04.1 LTS (Bionic). Mate has many features, details and stability, it’s really cool…!

:beers: o/

2 Likes

Also my case. Very much like jcchapster, I also tried different flavours of Ubuntu before landing last year on Mate.

Also think that 18.10 is outstanding!

Having tried, over the years, Fedora, Open SuSE, Manjaro, and other *buntu distros.

Ubuntu MATE is, hands down, the BEST distro that I have ever used in 10.5 years.

Hear, hear! Very much agree.