Pimping "About Me" and some random miscellaneous thoughts

Greetings UM Gods,

I have stated this once in Telegram but I wanted to press it permanently as a community suggestion to improve the “About Me” option.

Let me start off the bat stating that I do not really care for it but that I do see a utility. Furthermore, as I am trying to get my users to adopt UM I am also trying to speak for them in this feedback.

I believe that currently it is too unsignificant in terms of features. Why not merge the CC’s Common Tasks’ set Preferred Applications" into “About Me”?

Furthermore, as the overall goal is to focus on humans, how about also merging in the “Personal” section again off the CC?

Not only would it make the CC more technical but I also believe that it would be easier to get faster brain/mouse reactions times. We could also quite arguably discuss the fact that lurking newbies away from the CC c-o-u-l-d potentially avoid some unwanted usage scenarios.

That being said, there were talks of changing FF’s home page over to UM. While we’re at it, and still keeping the “About Me” experience in mind, how easily could we integrate a default system to point directly to the community? Again, I do see a couple of good reasons for that.

In other news, kudos on the “Getting Started” wizard. Very nice job. Same for the easy search features @ “UM Menu”. One very minor thing about it is I believe that the meta-key, when pressed a 2nd time, should close back the menu. Now pressing it once, opens it up, which is great.

I am still in process of reinstating the meta-key all thanks to your amazing work in the 18.04 release.

Thanks for keeping up your awesome work guys <3

DLS