[problem] [dell n4010] windows flicker when running 15.10 from USB

Hello,

I tried booting from USB. The system complains at startup about dbus exceptions and offers to transmit a bugreportā€¦
When booting completes, few icons are not rendered. Some windows flicker and are not usable. Among the flickering windows is ā€œadministration - networkā€. I thus believe the laptop canā€™t configure the network and thus canā€™t transmit the bug report.

I am somewhat of a noob. Few questions:

• I havenā€™t tried starting a shell yet (I just realized), but could I get out of the gui and work the system from the command line? How to get out of the gui?
  • can I configure the network from the command line? (I can connect the laptop to home ethernet)
  • can I update the packages on the USB stick (image created from an ISO) with command line/apt-get, hoping that an update of a couple of packages will fix the DBUS/ubuiqity problems?

Eventually, the goal is to make a dual boot (win7 installed on laptop)

Kind regards

Did you fully format the USB stick before creating your bootable media and have you tried downloading another ISO from a different server in case the one you have is corrupted?. :smiley: