Security problem

I upgraded the system as usual. While viewing an event stream full-screen, on my TV by HDMI, I noticed that it appeared, from time to time the mouse cursor. I noticed that it appeared in different places on the screen.
Finally I saw the mouse cursor move on the screen.
Of course, the mouse was stopped.
What happened?

Hi @Labbing,

can you tell us what stream (link please) so we can maybe try it out and see if it happens to anyone with a HDMI TV connection. :smiley:

Of course: www.sportube.tv
I think it’s not a problem with the website …

It’s possible this is a hardware issue with your mouse.
Do you have any remote-desktop software installed? (Teamviewer, etc)

No, I did not install any remote control programs. How do I see what’s installed on my Mate? What can I try to understand what might be the source of the problem? The final assumption is that just the stream was displaying the pointer … More I do not know.

Hi @Labbing,

I just tried my HDMI connection and my panels were barely visible on my TV so it may well be a graphics problem?.

What graphics card do you have?, please paste the following terminal command (Ctrl+ Alt +t ) so we can see what graphics card you have and maybe someone with the same card can be of more help than me?:

lspci | grep VGA

Hi,

Couple of things to check:

• Control Centre - check the firewall is enabled.

• Terminal who

command shows all active users, don’t be alarmed if you see your user-name more than once, that’s normal, you may see it several times if you have multiple terminal windows open. What you are looking for is an unexpected/spurious entry/s.

Result:

labbing@labbing-notebook:~$ lspci | grep VGA
00:02.0 VGA compatible controller: Intel Corporation 3rd Gen Core processor Graphics Controller (rev 09)
labbing@labbing-notebook:~$ lspci | grep NV
01:00.0 3D controller: NVIDIA Corporation GK107M [GeForce GT 740M] (rev a1)

See you.

labbing@labbing-notebook:~$ who
labbing tty7 2016-12-20 08:43 (:0)

Thank you.

Hi @Labbing,

did you install any graphics card drivers?, you are showing as having Nividia 3D control and I am wondering if you are using the open source drivers or not?. :smiley:

No, i use NVdia driver and Optimus driver.
For Intel 3d driver select by panel NVIDIA.

Okay, which driver did you install?, I ask because I have often problems with my Nvidia card and I find that either the 304 package or the open source drivers are the best. :smiley:

I use 340.98. I uninstall the 340.98 version and put the 304? The owners can not find the driver panel 304. These drivers should manually install them?

Is that 304 driver new enough?

http://www.geforce.com/drivers

Hi @anon42388993,

the 304 package isn’t the newest version but like I said above, it tends to work better for me on my Nvidia rig!.

@Labbing, you can remove the 340 package and install the 304 package with the following terminal command (Ctrl + Alt +t) which makes things easy!:

sudo apt-get remove nvidia-340 && sudo apt-get install nvidia-304

RESTART AFTER RUNNING THE COMMAND!. :smiley:

1 Like