Software Boutique - blank screen

Hello

Software Boutique is unusable.

Steps to reproduce the Issue:

1. I launch Software Boutique.
  2. I eventually see a “Stocking the Boutique…” message with 4 coat hangers.
  3. If I click out of the window or sometimes if I drag the Software Boutique window it goes blank and all I can do is quit the app.

As of this writing, the OS is all up to date, there are no further updates that I can install.

I just installed Ubuntu Mate on an iMac 4,1. A Core Duo 2.0GHz 2GB RAM machine.

GPU ATI Radeon X1600 256MB RAM

I opened up the System Log Viewer and it reports the following

can’t access /run/u-d-c-nvidia-was-loaded file
can’t access /opt/amdgpu-pro/bin/amdgpu-pro-px
Looking for Nvidia modules in /lib/modules/4.15.0.39-generic/updates/dkms
Looking for amdgpu modules in /lib/modules/4.15.0.39-generic/updates/dkms

I am pretty new to Linux in general so I am not sure where to begin but anyway those bits from the gnu-manager.log are not related to ATI as far as I can tell.

Might this have something to do with webkit? I heard webkit is used with Software Boutique but I can’t validate the claim.

How can I resolve the issue?

Kind regards
—Alex

Could be related to this issue: First software update after 18.04 32 bit install breaks Software Boutique

1 Like

Hello @maximuscore

Thank you for the prompt reply. The link you forwarded does reflect the issue I am reporting. As an FYI, I am running 18.04 as per

lsb_release -a

Ubuntu 18.04.1 LTS
Release 18.04
Codename bionic

I share the other poster’s @crjb sentiments, Ubuntu Mate is unbelievably fast on old hardware. My Mac is from 2006 and it’s 2018 as I write this, in terms of performance I am literally blown away. I just need to fix this issue.

Thanks again, I will carefully read the entire thread and try what ever is advised.

Kind regards
—Alex

@maximuscore yes you are correct. The post you referred me to is brilliant.

Anyone who stumbles here please review @maximuscore’s link that he posted a little further up. You will find good advice there.

Thanks
—Alex