Some 18.04 Beta 1 feedback

Thank you, it works :slight_smile: I’ve added this to my “Linux Commands / Setup” file :smile:

A GUI option would still be desirable.

1 Like
  1. The Traditional panel layout will not accept inputs from a touch screen for anything in the sub-menus of the top panel. No other panel layout seems to be affected. Touch screen is working correctly in all other area’s.

2. When Cupertino is selected in mate-tweak and saved as a custom layout, then selected again after switching from another layout, Cupertino with brisk menu in the top panel is restored. Old layout perhaps? Edit: The brisk menu is only present after selecting the saved custom layout that was based on Cupertino.

18.04b1 patched to tonight has a rather odd German interpolation in the (UK English) Software & Updates:

I presume this is a Canonical error. Common sense would suggest that it should be removed quickly, but never assume common sense :smiling_imp:

Can’t get gnome-boxes or vm to work…something missing?

Hi @perstreperous,

what are your regional settings like?:

:smiley:

Yes, one language/keyboard (United Kingdom).

Replying to myself, but now we know what this is; it had evidently been sneaked into a nightly without documentation. It is a mechanism for patching the kernel and making the patch “live” without rebooting, which requires a Ubuntu One account :confounded:

(And the German text is fixed … “Sign in …”).

I submitted a feature request bug for adding it to the Appearance settings’ Interface tab: https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/mate-control-center/+bug/1768165. When you get a chance, please click that it affects you so we get more developer interest.

Thank you. I’ve added myself as “being affected” :slight_smile: