Strange Boot behavior following SSD Overprovisioning

As I’m sure many of you know, there is an excellent website dedicated to Linux tips known as Easy Linux Tips Project. For my Ubuntu/Mint based installs (and even my Arch ones to an extent), I follow these tips religiously.
I recently went through the ones recommended to keep an SSD operating at full capacity, specifically the one about over-provisioning seven percent of the drive. I used a Live USB to access the disk through GParted, then resized the main partition so that there would be 8.35 GB of unallocated space. I moved the swap partition so that the disk is organized as such: EFIBoot/Root/Swap/Unallocated, as shown on the site.
When I next booted, I received the following message during the process: “Please enter passphrase for disk SanDisk_SSD_U100_128GB (cryptswap1) on none!”
As I never set any sort of passphrase, I simply hit Enter and boot continued as normal. The only effect this seems to have is now I’m required to interact with the system in order to complete the boot process

Obviously I can use the system and this is more of a minor annoyance than anything else, however, I would like to know the following:
A) Can I get rid of this new deveiopment somehow, as i would rather that I be able to boot up my computer without my intervention until I login
B) Is this indicative of a larger, more problematic issue?

I don’t think this is related to your disk being an SSD at all but most likely to you moving the SWAP partition.
The message looks like something you’d get in some cases when doing an install and selecting “encrypt home folder”, the SWAP needs to be encrypted too for obvious security reasons.
You moving the SWAP might have broken something where automatic decrypting of the SWAP is concerned, I’m guessing you can’t hibernate anymore too right?

1 Like

Not sure actually. I reinstalled over the existing partitions, and now it works better than ever. Probably should have deleted the topic but I was a little busy yesterday