Strengths and weaknesses of Windows' Modern UI, and how MATE compares

Figured I would follow up this; I didn’t consider guidance the scope of this article, since i was just talking stuff about UI. Also, the post is about a week old at this point so I don’t see any reason to further append onto it and adulterate an already-lengthy post with tangential advice for new users. There’s already enough content on the internet for Linux noobs because if the users you are targeting are as savvy as you suggest, they’ll use Google to find information like that.

Not to knock what you said, however; If you want to do an article like that then go for it. I’m sure it’ll be a wonderful read.

Bluetooth much? With a nice bluetooth headset, or a bluetooth earpiece for users on-the-go, I see no reason why the phone can’t act as a “Desktop PC” that can still accept calls. In fact, if Microsoft had any sense they could make it so Skype only uses Skype Credit on calls not using your SIM card.

I didn’t take anything you said as a knock … I certainly have no interest in writing an article and my suggestion was intended to encourage you to “post a version with aggregated info” … probably not your interest though!