Stuck On empty screen

So I Installed Ubuntu SDK Which Contains A Lot Packages And Other Software Then Today I Use My Ubuntu MATE And I Login To My User But it’s stuck on empty screen the panel disappeared and user selector too but nothing happened this need to load the files but without the Ubuntu SDK it loaded fast I can’t remove a software without booting up I want keep the data but not to reimaging

----------------------- MEGA File Image -----------------------
Link to image (empty screen): https://mega.nz/#!saIGRAqb
Decryption Key (This Will Be Used To Decrypt The File): vdxyvwRH6GlCRV5_7Oy3Y3n32r9u2hyRiXks1ei4yuI
----------------------- MEGA File Image -----------------------

It can certainly be frustrating when you lose your desktop environment, and the problem isn’t necessarily specific to MATE.

Whenever troubleshooting, a first step is to get to the terminal with press Ctrl+Alt+F1 and log in via the console. From there, do:

export DISPLAY=:0
xterm

At this point you can run other commands like removing the SDK, and you can do this either from your terminal screen or the xterm that you’ve opened up on the desktop (press Ctrl+Alt+F7 to go back).

Removing the SDK won’t necessarily bring back your missing desktop, so with the window you can also troubleshoot via commands like gnome-panel or sudo apt update; sudo apt install --reinstall ubuntu-desktop. There is endless advice of what to try on Stack Exchange, but at least you’ve got a starting point.

1 Like

Well... I Have Ubuntu MATE On My Laptop. No Longer On Raspberry Pi. but Thanks For Giving Me Your Solution. Next Time When That Happens I Will Try It :wink: