Suggestion: Add more event sounds

Version 15.04 comes with sound events enabled by default, it is cool!; but I miss some events…
According to:
https://gitorious.org/libcanberra/mainline/source/ac5ac9e486aa33f7be0cd9ddd315c03780676795:src/canberra-gtk-module.c#Lundefined

These are the supported events:
dialog-error
dialog-warning
dialog-information
dialog-question
window-new
window-close
window-minimized
window-unminimized
window-maximized
window-unmaximized
notebook-tab-changed
dialog-ok
dialog-cancel
item-selected
link-pressed
link-released
button-pressed
button-released
menu-click
button-toggle-on
button-toggle-off
menu-popup
menu-popdown
menu-replace
tooltip-popup
tooltip-popdown

I think at least these events could be implemented to improve user experience:
window-new, window-close, window-minimized, window-unminimized, window-maximized, window-unmaximized, menu-popup, tooltip-popup, button-toggle-on
You just need to assign any oga sound with respective name to make it work. ie: window-close.oga
TIA

1 Like

This is something I am considering for 15.10.

1 Like

Hi @Sergio_Schneider! Disable all the sounds it's the first thing I did in Ubuntu MATE, because they disturbed me :stuck_out_tongue:

A quiet desktop is elegant by default. But this is a question of personal preferences.

1 Like

Actually the installer when s doesn’t have sound events for 15.10 when installed from but I don’t know if that was intended.

I think I’d rather see “Dancing Baby” a la Windows 95 makes its way into Linux. Add sounds to the list of “How The Community Can Help” and if someone wants to take it on, more power to them and those that prefer it.

1 Like