System locked in MATE 16.04

Hi guys, I have installed Ubuntu MATE 16.04, the computer has locked itself, a small screen came out, it put the sensors not working, all the icons changed their appearance, press accept to be fixed but blocked, put the screen in black and came out a group of sentences, they always put the same. A mistake of something, my attitude would be to reinstall Ubuntu MATE in the same partition, I do not lose much, because I have my things in other partitions, the last thing I did was to open Synaptic and update, the only thing that was updated was Virtualbox. I put a picture of what you put on the screen after starting the grub, Could I boot the system? regards....

That would also be my attitude when dealing with busybox :slight_smile:

Oh well, then there is no solution, at the moment I will work with Ubuntu Mate that I have on my micro sd card, and I will install Ubuntu Mate again on the weekend, I have my things safe because I keep everything in three other partitions and Thanks to God I do not lose anything, this makes me think: Should I encrypt the home or not? Thanks v3xx …

No, not quite true. Its finding the right solution takes time when at this level of repair. You can dig into it, could be grub and could be grub-repair would take care of it. Could be the kernel and a module needs restoring to a previous kernel. Or…

But like you I have backup in place and if I would hit on this, I just take the easy way and reinstall.

Also even without backup, the live dvd can usually be used to retrieve data.

Ok,
I will install ubuntu Mate, regards …