Terminal & Conky

Just out of curiosity, why when I’ve got Conky running, I can’t use shortcut ctrl alt and T to open a terminal. soon as I close it, it works fine. Just a bit lazy to go to Applications and open it from there.

Which conky app do you have running? I’ll fire it up and see what happens.

What version of Ubuntu Mate?. :smiley:

Thank You. Got Conky Manager v2.4. and just Green Apple Desktop/Gotham ticked.

Sorry, meant to say Ubuntu Mate 16.04 and up to date with all upgrades

Funny thing is, when the Conky Manager box is open, it works. Close it down and no Ctrl Alt T

Do you have this version installed?: “2.4~136~ubuntu16.04.1” ?.

sudo apt-add-repository -y ppa:teejee2008/ppa && sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get install conky-manager

Got ppa.launchpad.net/teejee2008/ppa/ubuntu xenial main and the source-code ticked as well

Ctrl + alt + t working fine here with the same settings as you!. :confused:

I’ve got Release 16.04 LTS (Xenial Xerus) 64-bit Kernel Linux 4.4.0-22-generic x86_64 MATE 1.12.1
How do you find out which version 2.4~136~ubuntu16.04.1?
Well it’s no big problem. I’ll blame it on dual booting with Windows 7, too frightened to upgrade to Windows 10.
Also using Linux Mint and Peppermint on an old laptop, but not keen on Mint or Peppermint. Maybe I’ll put Mate back on again. Got another little old laptop with Mate on…lovely.

1 Like

Running Green Apple Desktop/Gotham on 16o4 and I can break the ctrl alt t function by trying to pull up more than one terminal.

1 Like

You could play around with the update settings and see if it stops misbehaving?:

1 Like

Hi Wolfman.
Sorry to trouble you, but can you tell me how to install Mate Netspeed 1.12
from Terminal? I’ve got in a bit of a muddle and rushing round as wife is
in hospital.
Thank you for your kind help.
Regards Dave

Hi Dave,

open a terminal with Ctrl + Alt + t and paste the following command:

sudo apt-get install mate-netspeed