Thank you for the welcome

Thank you wimpy for the welcome.

To introduce myself my username is buntubarry.

I’ve been involved with computing since 1988. I started with MS-DOS and quit using Microsoft Windows once I had the bad experience of Windows Vista.

I then went with Mac/Apple and utilized the OSX Leopard 5.1.8 until it became obsolete.

I am now disabled in a wheelchair with joint and disc degenerative disease in its’ advanced stages. I also have congestive heart failure. I have 5 stents in my heart.

My reason for this explanation is the reason I went with Linux is because I am on a limited income (very) and a friend told me about Linux.

Now that I’v e had some time with Linux I am in love because I’ve learned more about this operating system and computers in general than I have with all the years with the other operating systems.

I am not quite half way through the Introduction to Linux through the Linux Foundation. But I am enjoying the experience and knowledge.

I know I have a long way to go, but being in an Assisted Living situation this gives me plenty to keep me occupied.

I would rather learn more about computing instead of playing bingo and other such activities they have here where I live.

Thank you for the opportunity to be part of this community.

6 Likes

Hello and welcome buntubarry. Looking forward to helping out with advice whenever you may need it…:slight_smile:

Welcome to the UM forums buntubarry :wave:

Hello @buntubarry and a warm welcome!

Thank you Steve I appreciate your help. I am new to Linux but so far I wish I had known about Linux much earlier.

Thank you all for the warm welcome. I am currently studying Introduction to Linux with the Linux Foundation and we are just barely getting into command line essentials. I hope at some point I will be able to help other also. If not I will recommend someone with more experience than mine.

Thanks again, back to my studies.

Is this study you are doing free? and if so is there a link as I’m a total nOOB wih Linux and I’d like to learn too. Thanks

Yes Dllnger63, but I am not sure when the next Introduction to Linux course is opening. You will have to google the Linux Foundation to find out, but I think it will be in February of next year. But you can find out for sure by googling the Linux Foundation.