Thanks for the distro

Been a long term user of Mint/Mate, but liked the look of Mutiny so I came to Ubuntu Mate. So far so good.

Two things that might be of interest:

1. I run a laptop with 3840x2160 screen in 1920x1080 mode. I have managed to change everything to suit me except the login screen, which still renders as if it were in 3840x2160. Very small text… I cannot find a way to change this.

2. (I apologise if this is heresy :wink: Can I change thee ‘move to wastebasket’ text to ‘delete’?

Welcome to the gang! Not sure about your questions, i will look into it when I get a chance if someone doesn’t chime in sooner.

Cheers

Thanks for the welcome. The points I raise are minor niggles, but if there are easy solutions the knowledge may help others.

I am liking Mutiny a lot - chiefly (1) the launcher restores an existing instance rather than creating a second one - seems to fit better with the way I think, (2) Most menus at top of screen - saves screen space.

As in the title - a good distro for me so far…

1 Like

Yes. Changing “move to” to “delete” I would love to do aswell. Any help here very much appreciated.