That close from Ubuntu Unity ? Amazon package and stuff

greetings everyone and thanks for Ubuntu Mate !
I am wondering :slight_smile:I know that Ubuntu Mate IS Ubuntu,however, after clean install from regular download, i just saw that in the default menu > applications > others Amazon is there by defaut :sweat: I guess, well i know there is no search line in mate within amazon stuff but what the choice to keep it that way ? May i ask ? (no big dill just curious)
Also i’ve seen the new logo shutdow logout that you usually find in dash now from 16.04 unity release … (applications > accessories …
It’s more a feeling like : “i did something wrong during installation or post installation …”
So, did i ? :grinning:

Strange

I am on a fresh install and do not see amazon

Is this mate added on to unity?

i just saw that in the default menu > applications > others Amazon is there by defaut
[/quote]

Strange

I am on a fresh install and do not see amazon

Is this mate added on to unity?
[/quote]

That the point, it is not !!! 100% Mate .iso files, maybe addition software i made

http://pix.toile-libre.org/?img=1461622210.png
http://pix.toile-libre.org/?img=1461622247.png

As a gift, i do also have the defaut ubuntu unity browser, so amazon works:dizzy_face:

Also have online account system !
Arrgh !!! Maybe when i installed applications such as Gnome-maps and Agenda (Gnome-CAlendar?) i uninstalled calendar without doing autoremove, i will try

According to synaptic Ubuntu-desktop package is not installed… But i’ve got Files and many packages related to the unity desktop …
I haven’t yet completed my install of Ubuntu-Mate, i started today so better replace every thing with delete partitions and re install Ubuntu Mate …
I will play attention next time …
See u in the other side …
Strange thing is that i am not really decide between those 2 desktop, i do appreciate Unity aswell …

Let us know how it goes.

Reinstalling … I m writing from middle side wish is LIveUsb ubiquity running his ggod job :slight_smile:

1 Like