The pendrive can not be mounted automatically

Ubu Mate 16.04 LTS. In the initial profile the pendrives are not automatically mounted.
If I create other profiles the pendrive and usb disks are automatically displayed and opened by caja.

Hi @Labbing,

is your system encrypted?, that might be the reason but I am not sure?. :smiley:

Have you checked dconf-editor settings?:

https://help.ubuntu.com/community/Mount/USB

I verified that the registry did not report the values. Once set and set as default it works! :slight_smile:
On the pc is ok. I have other installation on USB-HD. I modified the option by dconf-editor setting but doesn’t work! :frowning:
Bye.

Hi @Labbing,

you say using Dconf didn’t work so who marked my answer as the solution?. :smiley:

It’s a solution for the desktop but does not solve for the notebook. Is there a way to put solution in half? :slight_smile:

Start a new thread but it should work in both a desktop and laptop?. :smiley:

In fact it should … :frowning: In my opinion it is useful to keep a unique tread otherwise it creates a bit of confusion. What do you think about it?

That’s up to you, we can unmark this as solved if you want, I think starting a new thread would be better though!. :smiley:

Lately, after the updates, this screen appears to me but I can not select the action to take and store. I enclose screenshots
Bye!

Hi Labbing,

“Non parlo italiano” :smiley:

Does the pendrive work under Windows?, is it formatted to FAT32?, do you have anything on it that you need?, if not, leave the drive in and open Gparted ( sudo apt install gparted gpart ) then format the drive (it must be unmounted to do so!).

I hope it helps. :smiley:

1 Like

I enclose the translation of the screen:

“E’ stato appena inserito un supporto. Scegliere quale applicazione lanciare.
Selezionare come aprire (nome della pendrive) < Registrazioni > e se eseguire questa azione in futuro per altri supporti del tipo < Tipo x-content/bootable-media >”

Translate:

“A support has just been added. Choose which application to launch.
Select how to open (name of the pendrive) < Recordings > and whether to perform this action in the future for other media like < Type x-content / bootable-media >”

I hope it is useful. The pendrive has no problems because the system tries to open it only that the action that could be done, I think “open folder” “automatic execution” etc. they are blocked. I hope I have been clearer. :wink:

1 Like

Hi Labbing,

well if it is asking how you wish to open the pendrive to view what’s inside, have you chosen Caja (file manager) to see what’s on the drive?. :smiley:

I am always in doubt is it the text in Italian or in Spanish?
When I find “?” upside-down then it is Spanish for sure :smiley:

Can I post something with cyrilic letters to check your knowlege of foreign languages? :smiley:

For Vladimir75: i understand you’re kidding but where would you report “upside-down”? :wink: Among other things, some parts of the text are not translated, I think voluntarily, but be sure that this is Italian. Finally I use google translate to post messages. :wink: Bye!

As soon as I have the computer in hand, I’ll let you know. Today I can not. :innocent:

Look this is the UPSIDE-DOWN “?”
¿Quién es mejor? ¿Real Madrid o Juventus?
Chi è migliore - Real Madrid o Juventus?

For me - the both languges are similar in writing and for sure speech is different
but ok you have accepted the offtopic joke :slight_smile:
Personally I dont like forums where is the “cold atmosphere”, today I am unreasonably happy and that is possible to find in my comments. :shamrock:

Sorry but I did not understand what I should look for in caja. Can you tell me? Bye!

The contents of the folders if it shows any on the drive, if it allows you access to it at all!. :thumbsup:

I do not seem to have put any block, the configurations seem okay. I do not know…

Can you access the pendrive at all without problems?, when you first had the problem, did you click on “Open with” and “Remember this choice”? which may mean it is allied to one app in particular!. :smiley: