The Save As window in Firefox and Chrome

I am new to MATE, not new to Ubuntu. When saving something from the web browser, the save as window has an issue. If I try to rename the object while saving it defaults to search, so if original file is 10003.jpg I go to save that, highlight the original name and type the name I want. This results in a search rather than renaming the file. Since it happens in Chrome and Firefox, I assume its a MATE issue. It didn't happen when I used Ubuntu. Any help to fix that will be appreciated. Side note... that save screen doesn't conform to my custom theme (a dark theme) how could I remedy that? I assume something may be missing from my them cuz yaru works (still can't rename a file but it is at least dark)

1 Like

Seems to be a bug

Thanks for this! I appreciate it!

question - is that a problem for Ubuntu, Ubuntu MATE or Chrome/firefox?

so its a MATE issue. Just installed MATE on my laptop and the Save As bug has appeared there as well. Previously I had Ubuntu installed with no issues. I looked at the bug reporting and put in my 2 cents. Any idea if the MATE maintainers are going to look at this? I checked other themes and the issue is there as well. So oly workaround is to save the file under original name then use caja to rename the file.