Touchscreen setup help

Does anyone know of a tutorial or anything to setup a 2 in 1 laptop for full touchscreen support? I know this isn't gnome 3 here, and I realize the Mate desktop isn't built around a touch user interface, but I see that there is support for the GPD devices, and I can't help but wonder why I can't get my laptop function similarly? The touchscreen works for mouse clicks, but there is no two finger scrolling, no automatic screen rotation if I set the device up sideways in tablet mode, etc. Also click on menu entries from the panel does nothing. To be honest, I have never used my laptop in tablet mode, with windows or anything else, but would like to have the flexibility if it is feasible. Thanks!

i am struggling myself setting up the touchscreen in GDM3+wayland+Gnome, i got some really WEIRD behaviour, but no success yet.
i dont use or intend to use the autorotate.
but perhaps you find some answers there: ArchWiki

Gelse thank you (wiki) :smirk:

Hi guys :slight_smile:
I done some work to make UM a bit more friendly with a lenovo miix 320 that is a hybrid laptop.

We can share our achievements to use UM in some kind of tablet mode :slight_smile: