Ubuntu 16.10 mate x2go won't run java apps

Hi all
so I have x2go working with other linux machines from my Win 7 ( yeah I know but I need it for a brokerage app) machine BUT on my ubuntu 16.10 mate machine I can’t run nvidia x server settings from the administration tab. I really have no idea how to diagnose this. I click on it and nothing happens.
As I say I have x2go installed on a win 7 professional and it works fine with other linux machine. Can anyone point me at the right way to diagnose this.
thanks

Hi @theakson,

can you first please clarify which Nvidia drivers you have installed as that might be the reason why the Nvidia X Server isn’t working?:

I know you are an advanced user but for any one else who is not, please see:

Do you have ver 9 of Java installed?:

sudo apt-get install openjdk-9-jre

Hi wolfman

NOT EVEN CLOSE !!! to an advanced user NOT EVEN CLOSE :slight_smile: but thanks for the early xmas gift

I am running 367.57 .

The x2go server seems to be running ( not sure see above for expertise level) the issue is that

I CAN run my remote desktop and run things like thunderbird email , caja, libre calc

I CAN’T run firefox browser, system monitor,nvidia x server settings

I have no idea how to diagnose this so any help would be welcome as always.

ALSO

have a VERY happy xmas to you and yours

1 Like

Hi @theakson,

try dropping down your Nvidia driver version to 304 with the following terminal command (Ctrl + Alt + t):

sudo apt-get remove nvidia-367 && sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get install nvidia-304

Try that first as I have had problems with Nvidia myself and am just using the open source drivers on my tower PC!. :smiley: Let us know how you get on and also check the update guide which also might help you!:

1 Like

Worked like a champ YOU ARE A GOD!!

thank you so much and I WILL read the update guide I promise !!!

thanks Wolfman I don’t care what the others say about you, you are the best :slight_smile:

theakson

1 Like

Hi @theakson,

what do the others say about me?. I am glad it helped.

Have a great Christmas. :smiley:

Hey wolfman

just a joke, everyone thinks you are awesome

have a great xmas

theakson

1 Like