Ubuntu MATE 17.04 is released

We’re totally over the bloody moon to announce Ubuntu MATE 17.04. This is our favourite release of Ubuntu MATE so far and, we believe, a real return to form. Ubuntu MATE 16.10 was a transitional release, in every sense, and 17.04 concludes the upheaval of migrating to GTK3+. This has been a release focused on refining the distro and sweating the details. As always, we’re never finished and eager to start work on 17.10 to bring you futher improvements and refinement. But for now, we hope you enjoy Ubuntu MATE 17.04 as much as we’ve enjoyed making it for you.

-- Martin Wimpress

Download

• If you're running 16.04 LTS, you are still supported until April 2019. If you'd like to switch to 17.04, you'll need to adjust your new version settings in Software & Updates to "any new version", and then use the Software Updater to jump to 16.10 then 17.04.

What's New?

Highlights:

• MATE Desktop 1.18.0, which is purely GTK3+ only, plus new features and modernisation.
  • Icon and theme updates, including an Ambiant-MATE Dark theme.
  • Introducing the Brisk Menu.
  • Martin Wimpress from Ubuntu MATE did some stuff but no one remembers what.
24 Likes

Ubuntu Mate 17.04 is a work of Art. I also like to say community discussion site aesthetics are visually alluring I a theme addict so, I do appreciate it & the efforts from all developers, administrators alike that make what it is. Forums used to be headaches and too time consuming, you all have changed that, thanks!!

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 88 days. New replies are no longer allowed.