Ubuntu MATE 19.10 Beta is out!

Ubuntu MATE 19.10 Beta is available for beta testing. The theme of this release is to address as many “paper-cut” issues as possible. This release addresses bugs, provides improvements to the user experience and fixes many long standing paper-cuts.

Leave your test reports here:

9 Likes

So many little annoyances fixed - very nice! :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I downloaded it I'll try it out soon maybe even tonight

1 Like

I'm going to wait til October 17th 2019 to try 19.10. Just wanted to point out that the blog page has the wrong release year - 2018 instead of 2019. Keep up the good work!

2 Likes

Thanks for spotting, fixed.

4 Likes

Hello to the Ubuntu-Mate team

I've just read the release notes.
It seems to me that building something is a goal for which it is quite easy (in relative terms!) to generate enthusiasm and motivation.
... however, maintaining something over time and working away at tracking down problems and solving them is another situation altogether...
And here we are - Ubuntu-Mate 19.10 - which has paid attention to many problems and brought some new solutions in view of changing circumstances... :slightly_smiling_face:

So I did something in response to this dedication and application... I became a patreon.

Quite simply, thank you - to the Ubuntu-Mate team. :slightly_smiling_face:

7 Likes

Just upgraded from 19.04 to 19.10 in Virtualbox, and everything works so far. I had to reinstall my theme, but this is all, and was quickly done.

Can't wait for 20.04. I already decided last year that with each LTS, I donate the symbolic amount of a Windows 10 license. It's so much joy to work with Ubuntu Mate.

Thanks guys. Thumbs up!

6 Likes

Really glad to see these bug fixes and changes lined up! I like experimenting with themes and panel layouts, so the icon size issue's been frustrating in the past. While I'm not experienced enough to feel confident running the beta, I'm looking forward to getting my hands on this release! Thanks for your hard work, everyone!

1 Like

Not visited Mate for a while now but I have to say that Once tweaked - the way I like it - it has the single best implementation for HiDpi I have ever come across. Congrats to the Team - simply awesome

6 Likes

Hello ZebedeeBoss

... nice to see that you remembered this "destination"... - I'm a regular "DL" consumer. :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

This question may be a bit premature but back when 18.04 LTS first came out there was talk that a future release would address these "housekeeping" issues and that those fixes would be back-ported to the LTS. We will see that happen with any of these in 18.04.4 or will we have to wait until 20.04 to see them in an LTS?

Just a question ahead about this:

it is time to remove Compiz and Compton from the default Ubuntu MATE install

I use Compiz because it allows me to use “Negative“, a function to invert the colors of my screen. I previously used “xcalib” to do the same, but that command didn't work anymore.

So, I was hoping that you could talk with me about other ways to do the same in any Ubuntu derivative distro. That way I could stop using Compiz.

64bit Raspberry Pi 4B support?
Thanks

This topic was automatically closed after 20 days. New replies are no longer allowed.