Ubuntu MATE 20.04 Pre-release Testing

Hi @franksmcb,
shall this be filed against celluloid taking into consideration that I was unable to reproduce the issue in vanilla ubuntu? I attach a screenshot from ubuntu mate below. @Bernie feel free to use it in report since you are an original poster. I'll check this thread and report tomorrow if necessary.

1 Like

Trying to get x-tile running on 20.04 (If there is a substitute please let me know)

Building and running x-tile from https://github.com/giuspen/x-tile.git

Using python2, this builds without error but at runtime get

`File "/usr/bin/x-tile", line 29, in <module>
   import gtk
  ImportError: No module named gtk`

For this I believe I need python-gtk2. However this is not in the repository. Has it been removed or is this omission an oversight.

Many Python 2 related stuff was removed from 20.04 LTS. So this seems to be expected.
We can try to ask @giuspen about porting X-Tile to Python 3. I have written message to him via launchpad. Update: Giuseppe responded with willing to do so.

2 Likes

There are some dependency issues in Welcome - Software (Boutique)

Play on Linux can't be installed: Depends: python2: any, but it's virtual package (or something like that, half is translated)

Can't uninstall TuxPaint: Package tuxpaint-config isn't installed.

In getting started program for Blu-ray and dvd support, gets error: Package libdvdread4 isn't available

When installing/removing stuff in welcome in notification bar that announce changes things are written in english, even if other language is selected and used in Welcome. (this worked fine in 16.04).

I register there, but the Start new translation, has crossed red circle when hover over and can't be pressed. I don't think I'm skilled enough to do the other way. :frowning:

Also ubiquity-slideshow-ubuntu still isn't updated with latest strings to translate it.

if you turned client side decorations of in vanilla ubuntu would it do it?

Here is the error messages the indicator date time gives me on 20.04 and recently started on my 19.10 machine as well

** (process:9862): WARNING **: 09:19:40.210: could not find the desktop file for 'org.gnome.Calendar.desktop'

(process:9862): Indicator-Datetime-WARNING **: 09:19:40.405: Unrecognized TZID: 'Etc/Utc'

(process:9862): Indicator-Datetime-WARNING **: 09:19:40.407: Unrecognized TZID: 'Etc/Utc'

(process:9862): Indicator-Datetime-WARNING **: 09:19:40.421: Unrecognized TZID: 'Etc/Utc'
Indicator-Datetime:ERROR:/build/indicator-datetime-SpDTj1/indicator-datetime-15.10+20.04.20200217/src/date-time.cpp:171:GDateTime* unity::indicator::datetime::DateTime::get() const: assertion failed: (m_dt)
Bail out! Indicator-Datetime:ERROR:/build/indicator-datetime-SpDTj1/indicator-datetime-15.10+20.04.20200217/src/date-time.cpp:171:GDateTime* unity::indicator::datetime::DateTime::get() const: assertion failed: (m_dt)
Aborted (core dumped)

@Bernie, it worked seamlessly in vanilla ubuntu with both client-side decorations on and off. By default they were off like in ubuntu mate (menubar was displayed). My ubuntu vanilla installation was updated daily 20.04 in virtualbox.

Cheers

1 Like

I wonder if it perhaps is a Marco issue, though it doesn't happen on 19.10 with 0.16

Unfortunately I have no 19.10 installation to test. @franksmcb any ideas?

Please file a bug report against marco

I suspect @Wimpy will stock up Software Boutique for 20.04's picks before the beta on Thursday, possibly over a live stream. :thinking:

I just fixed the :ubuntu_mate: Welcome locales issue, the code was looking in the wrong directory.

Not sure why the "Start new translation" is not working for you - which language are you wanting? Perhaps it's been requested but was rejected... if so, that's mainly to prevent a situation where an almost empty translation of de_DE (5% translated) is used over one like de (100% translated) which would reach all German users, not just German (Germany) users.

No powers here, but being one used by Ubuntu (and all flavours), I think it will at some point before translation freeze in a few weeks.

:+1:

Don't know either why it doesn't work for me. I want Slovenian.

Hmm, I might have got mixed up thinking of "Request a language". Slovenian is in the list and is pretty much fully translated. You should be able to hover over it and "Translate" / "Join Team"?

I saw that one, but it's only for Budgie Desktop, not Brisk menu. If you look at other languages, they have 2 different entry, while SL only has 1.

@franksmcb, @Bernie, filed as bug #1869529.

2 Likes

When running a script from within geany instance started from command line, 6-7 lines of

(mate-terminal:584412): VTE-CRITICAL **: 11:17:54.932: void 
 vte_terminal_match_set_cursor_type(VteTerminal*, int, GdkCursorType): assertion 'tag >= 0' failed

Looks unclear, please write complete steps to reproduce. Along with script contents, Geany configuration and so on.

Hello and thanks for your involvement.
Ubuntu MATE 20.04 installed in virtualbox Debian 10 host on Thinkpad T460.
Works ok until now but no software available in the "Boutique".
Can be install from terminal.
Have a nice day

A post was merged into an existing topic: Ubuntu MATE 20.04 Beta Testing

This topic was automatically closed after 12 days. New replies are no longer allowed.