Ubuntu Mate is simply awesome!

Hi,

I stopped using ubuntu a long time back when it switched to the horrendous unity desktop but just two days back I saw ubuntu mate whilst searching for distros and it reminded me of the old Gnome ubuntu look that I used to love and I downloaded the 16.04 version right away and installed it and I am just loving it ever since.

Everything works ootb, I didn’t have to search for any drivers or anything and it looks so so sweet. Beautiful themes and the gnome look is the best, I have tried a lot of distros and desktops but nothing beats it and Mate desktop brings it all back.

So, I just wanted to thank all the developers and the whole Ubuntu-Mate team for making this distro, just perfect.

Thanks a lot!!

16 Likes

I listen to linux unplugged every week and love what I hear every time Ubuntu Mate is brought up. I broke down this last weekend and installed it on an older laptop for my son. It has brought new life to the machine and is really just a joy to use. I have been excited for a new LTS release of ubuntu and have been patiently waiting for UM 17.10 to come out of alpha so I can run it on my main tower at home and my daily driver laptop. Everything I hear from the developers just rings true and makes sense.

2 Likes

Yup, it’s great! And how good is software boutique, it got loads of apps, I installed Anoise just now and it is amazing.

+1 It’s a great system :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks for the kind words :grinning:

1 Like

Wimpy I second the OP’s sentiment. I was an avid Ubuntu user for years until they brought out Unity which like many users here I hated passionately. I ended up getting back into gaming so I ditched Ubuntu (well really Unity) and reinstalled Windows feeling no real sense of loss since I couldn’t stand Unity. Now having found Mate I’m eager to use a Unbuntu flavor once again since it captures that old Unbuntu magic. Keep up the good work!

3 Likes