Unfortunately, I no longer use Ubuntu MATE

Font’s in Manjaro are awful. Nothing I tried made them look any better. I have Antergos right now with Ubuntu fonts and they look great. Even the default in Antergos looks fine I just like the Ubuntu font.

I agree about the Manjaro fonts. Awful.

1 Like

Just to be clear, I’m not trying to turn this thread into a thread where we bash other distros. I’m just trying to praise things Ubuntu-based distros get right.

3 Likes

I guess your problems might be hardware specific, I only experienced problems with Synapse but since I don’t use it I didn’t care. Wifi is the total blame on Canonical, they just don’t care for desktop users. Have you tried Debian 8.5 with MATE desktop? It gets tested on more hardware and breakages are not tolerated as they are in Ubuntu.

1 Like

There are so many topics here, @anon42388993 and @lah7 should be excising the topic splits into separate threads for further discussion.

I don’t know. This is a forum area where topics consonantly drift. I think it more important to stay on thread in our technical forums. Got to have some freedom to move around somewhere :slight_smile:

Edit:
This is IMO. @lah7 may not agree and take me out back for another whipping :slight_smile:

Hey @tiox, you forgot to mention me :wink:

1 Like

@anon42388993 Who brought out a whip? :grin: Jokes aside, I agree, particularly as it’s quite a generic discussion and isn’t flowing into any specific direction, just thoughts and opinions. I haven’t kept up with this topic. :confused:

Perhaps this would be a good time to search existing or start new discussions in #development-discussion or #feedback so focus can be given to areas requiring attention.

1 Like

Great suggestions! I will use them in the future!

1 Like