Upgrade to 20.04

Thank you Newhere, perhaps it's different for Virtualbox, I think I'll wait until the main mirrors are updated. I waited for the 23rd of April to do it but I'm a "newish" user of Mate, and thought we will all be able to upgrade on this date.

On my main laptop, I will leave Gimp as it is and then upgrade.
The only reason why I'm so careful with Gimp is that the Software Boutique version was different in 18.04 and I had to reinstall the 18.04 coming from a Beta as a full version. There were update problems later on and reason why I had to remove the Gimp PPA version otherwise I wouldn't have get updated the system. Software Boutique seems somehow to take over the PPA version and listed it all the time as installed, but it didn't have it fully in its own list (I'm still new to Linux).
Because I have now evrything on my stick, if I reinstalled now the system, it would take only time to get my data back.
I still think that the problem only came last year when the PPA version suddenly changed the name.

1 Like

Thank you Newhere, hopefully I will be able to update/upgrade everything soon.

Same here.

I’ll wait a couple of days more, however, I downloaded the .iso I might go for a full fresh install

I'm still getting "Development Release" in the US.