Videos won't play?

Hi,

1. So no chance of controls now ? Very pity that OMXPlayer not working for me as I believe GUI for OMXPlayer has controls and hardware acceleration :confounded:

2. Video files no problem; Even plays natively on Windows 10 X86. But on pi2 no fullscreen window appears (no video/picture).

3 and 4) Sorry can you confirm how to fully uninstall this new VLC and return to normal version ? How to uninstall and get rid of all new files (locations?)ā€¦thanks

1. The GUI for OMXPlayer works just like VLC does, the video goes to full screen with no control overlay.

2. Donā€™t know what to tell you. VLC has played everything Iā€™ve tested so far, but I havenā€™t done real extensive testing yet.

3. From the vlc source directory

make clean
    Will get rid of everything but the source files. To get rid of the source just delete the source folder using the File Manager.

To re-install VLC,

sudo apt-get install --reinstall vlc

(You may not need the --reinstall option)

1. Theoricaly there is way to do it today with OpenGL ES but I tried a lot of things without result.
    I think is because OpenGL ES context creation is always platform dependent !
    So I think there is some code missing or wrong for raspberry pi in software like vlc or mpv.
    Kernel 4.4 is already out from some days and it include opengl driver so there is hope we can make something good with it very soon.
    We just need to wait the raspberry pi fondation release it !
    Stay tune :wink:

Okā€¦Are there any keyboard shortcuts for vlc fullscreen ?

Yes of course ! There is a lot :slightly_smiling:

https://wiki.videolan.org/Hotkeys_table/

True, but not optimized for RPI hardware like omxplayer.

The newer build (Ubuntu MATE 16.* +) has HW acceleration implemented in VLC. You just have to select OpenMAX IL in the VLC settings.

Hi There,
i had a look alike issue,

After purchasing a MPEG2 licence it solved the problem.
This LicenceKey enables the Hardware Decoder for MPEG2 streams. ( Also used by some Webcams ) MJPEG is also a MPEG2 stream :slight_smile:

Kind Regards