Vlc Controls in Fullscreen

Hello everyone

I have a problem with Vlc in the fullscreen mode using HW-acceleration.
I can´t controll the overlay with the hotkey´s for vlc.
I can´t quit the video using strg+q etc.

thank you for your replies

Hi @Forza_Fun

I can’t realy help you for vlc, but I’ve similar problems with vlc in fullscreen. In my case, the vlc-controlpanel in fullscreen doesn’t shown sometimes. It’s possible as well, that the problem is connected with my vlc-theme, but I did’t test it without theme.

To bypass the problem, I use smplayer and mpv media player. They work for my needs.

Its not really a solution, but in past, I had problems with vlc repeatedly, so I use other players as well.

Best regards
Atreju

Boy I wish someone would fix this!!

Here’s some ideas that might help:

If you are using a playlist, uncheck the “autostart” button in preferences. When you load the playlist, always use the “Open” button on the file manager screen. Never use Enter key or mouse-click to load the playlist. For some reason, the “no autostart” only works with “Open”.

Make sure that the playlist is not in the foreground when you start playing it. Also, again don’t use the Enter key or mouse-click to start the playlist with the playlist displayed. Always (with the playlist hidden) start the playlist with the play button in the controls (lower left).

If I do any of the above, either the keyboard gets locked out or only ctrl+q will work (sometimes) but it’s random.

Use the keyboard commands to set the options while playing (random, loop/repeat, etc.).

I’ve found this by much experimentation. Let me know if this works for you. I’ve seen posts about changing settings in some config files. I’ve tried that but none of them worked for me.

Now, if you can tell me how to adjust the display resolution in config.txt…