We need reviewers for Welcome's translations!

To ensure good quality translations for :ubuntu_mate: Welcome, we'd like to seek out members of the community who translate English to their native language the role of a reviewer. This role allows you to approve translations for your locale and any that do not meet expectations can be re-translated or discussed here by other speakers.

To express your interest in being a reviewer, please reply here stating:

• Which locale you'd like to review.
  • What is your relation to this language -- for instance, is it one you natively speak? Is it a second language?
  • What are your thoughts to the translation process?

We'll let you know when we're ready to open up for reviewers.

2 Likes

Which locale you’d like to review.
es_MX
What is your relation to this language – for instance, is it one you natively speak? Is it a second language?
Native language.
What are your thoughts to the translation process?
As far as I can see the Spanish translations are pretty good and understandable but I can see some small flaws (They are not poorly translated but Mexico’s Spanish differs in some words from Spain’s Spanish)

I would like to review my native German and hopefully, contribute to resolving the confusing among the flavours de_DE and DE. I am already reviewer of video subtitles for the Amara foundation. So, I hope I can deliver quality reviews for the Ubuntu MATE community.

My thoughts are:

• Indeed, how do we avoid split string translations?
  • How do we deal with the form of address in German, i.e. be it impersonal, formal or informal?

PS: Your link to the split string discussion above is incorrect:

https://ubuntu-mate.community/t/heads-up-reduce-the-string-splitting/13255/2

Thanks, link corrected. :ok_hand:

I can do with the French

• Which locale you'd like to review.
    pt_BR
  • What is your relation to this language -- for instance, is it one you natively speak? Is it a second language?
    Native language
  • What are your thoughts to the translation process?
    I tried to use Ubuntu MATE in pt_BR and noticed that many parts of the translation need to be reviewed.