Ubuntu Pi Flavour Maker Website hacked?

I’m sure that this isn’t a problem at my end.

The page works fine for me here in Bangladesh, on Firefox.
I did find one of the URLs provided by @elcste to be detected as malware…

I’m still being taken to a scammy page seconds after the page loading. I’m currently using Samsung Internet on my Galaxy S9. However, when I go to the homepage of the Pi Flavour Maker website (which appears to not be affected) and then click About, it takes me to the correct page with no problems. However, if I go directly to the About page using 4G, it doesn’t redirect me anywhere.

I’m still being taken to a scammy page on my Galaxy S9. This isn’t an issue at my end.

The Ubuntu Pi flavour maker project was retired months ago. I believe @Wimpy may have briefly mentioned this on Wimpy's World one time when answering one of the viewer's questions.

So, the ubuntu-pi-flavour-maker [dot] org website is no more, since the domain expired and it's been squatted.

It's archived here:

Past downloads can be found at https://releases.ubuntu-mate.org/archived/

I get a strange Japanese page. With Google Trasnsalate, it says
"Get a healthy sleep life with sleeping pills online"

Yes, me too. Like @lah7 said just above:

Why this of all domains?

Squatters don't care what domain name they get, they just want cheap domain names. Furthermore, many squatters like to get extra traffic from people who had bookmarks pointing to the former Web site. For a shady squatter, more Web traffic corresponds to a higher hit count, which helps convince advertisers that the site is legitimate, which means the squatter can start earning money off of a cheap domain name. It's still the Wild West out there, so to speak; we just usually don't see it.

2 Likes