Well Guess who finally made it back!

Hi Guys and Gals,
I finally made it back to the wonderful world of Linux, more specificly Ubuntu Mate. And it feels great to be back. I left because I got a Chromebook and was going back to being an over the road truck driver and needed something light and easy. I tried unsuccessfully to get Ubuntu Mate on said Chromebook but it didnt work to the point I needed it to. So I just ran ChromeOS for a bit. Now I since I bought my daughter a brand new, high power Lenovo so she can expand her artistry (anime and manga) on a computer instead of just pencil and paper, I took over her old asus. I’m now dual booting Windows 10 and Ubuntu Mate. Just to toot the distros horn a little. Its a rocket ship on this Asus and is out performing Windows in all areas. Even the trackpad works like its supposed to! Windows wont even let me scroll. The only reason I’m keeping WIndows is to jump in from time to time to see how bad its getting and to occasionally play with something that I cant get on Linux.
Since I went back to driving over the road I had to quit the band, close my radio station and tried to do sporadic podcast but I havent even had time for that. Perhaps now that I have a proper production machine I may be able to record on my down time when I’m on the road.

Lets just say it feels damn good to be back!

12 Likes

Welcome back @UnkleBonehead. :smiley: