Where Did The Seconds Go?

Sorry, my late-night reply wasn't great. The complaint about having to use dconf is still absolutely valid: I just replied to your post by mistake after my brain merged it with the dconf post earlier. (My fault, obviously, not yours).

Your post isn't exactly relevant though: you're talking about a different version, with a new set of indicators (which, on my 21.04 install, didn't work AT ALL. Upgraded from 20.10, where they also didn't work).

You're not wrong, and your point that it's better now may well be true - but that's not what he was talking about, and the underlying trend of either hiding or removing functionality is still very much alive and well in Gnomeville.

The "undocumented" part is exactly that: it's not like the Help item for the new clock applet (if it has one at all) would have told him what special secret key he needed to edit - via a different program (and one that I'm not sure is even installed by default) - to get the result he wanted.

1 Like

hmmm

time panel needs to be unlocked to change sends - under Preferences

so UnTick the Lock box.
sorry I'm late.

The question was about 20.04, nice that it might be fixed in a "throw-away" version like 21.04, but crap like this in an LTS version is distressing. My main system is still at 16.04, I've a laptop with 20.04 and its inferior in just about every way, can't think of a single thing where I though this is nice, wish 16.04 had it. 22.04 is Ubuntu's last chance for me.

It will be easy to setup using "Tweaks".
it can be installed from the Ubuntu Software.

1 Like

Welcome @arslun to the community!

It's even easier to use 'Controlcenter' -> 'Indicators' :wink:

2 Likes