WINE not installing

Loading WINE was in essence terminated with no provision made to accept the EULA requirement. Was this deliberate, no WINE on on Mate 16.04, or is some setting wrong in my setup? used Terminal sudo apt-get install wine. [failed at approx 60%]

Hello
If the installation process failed partway through, you might benefit from running the “Fixes” from the software boutique (last icon on the right)
I also recommend you use the software boutique to install WINE.
Cheers

Done all. Successfully loaded WINE from boutique but cannot make ‘games’
appear on the main menu trying to us System/Preferences/Look & Feel/ Main
Menu. The ‘context help’ is just confusing to me.
Alternately, can you direct me to a doc telling me "how t run a program
loaded through other than the menu in Mate. (Basics, I know, but who [and
where] can I find this kind of info?

[quote=“xaire, post:3, topic:12804, full:true”]Alternately, can you direct me to a doc telling me "how t run a program
loaded through other than the menu in Mate. (Basics, I know, but who [and
where] can I find this kind of info?[/quote]Depending on the application involved, that either would indeed help or it would only serve to confuse you even more. In the case of WINE (particularly the development build as is used in the Boutique), it would do the latter, nor the prior. In essence, regarding WINE, you’re better off educating yourself via, for example, the WINE project homepage ( https://www.winehq.org/ )

There simply is too much material to cover in what WINE can and cannot do and how to effectively use it.

1 Like

Thanks. I have a lot of ‘chewing’ ahead.