Wireless low connection speed,

Hello !

I am using Ubuntu Mate, and Linux in general, for the past few months and I am still kinda new to the Unix environment.
After testing Linux Mint, Ubuntu and Ubuntu MATE, I am now extremely satisfied with Ubuntu MATE considering its clean interface and its speed in general! My problem is with my wireless connection. I noticed the problem after installing Linux Mint, but after a while I realised that I shouldn’t have installed it without an ethernet cable. Afterwards, I installed Ubuntu with wired connection but the same problem occured. I didn’t like Ubuntu as they were quite slow compared to Linux Mint, so after a quick search, I found that Ubuntu MATE is a great OS for laptop computers. After installing Ubuntu MATE with a wired connection as well, the same problem occured once more.

To get to the point, I have a 25Mbps internet connection speed and while I am connected through a wired connection on this laptop i get its full potential. However, while being wirelessly connected to the internet the speed drops down to 5-6Mbps and its terribly slow ! Since I am new to Ubuntu MATE and Linux in general, I would appreciate it if someone could guide me through this process and I will post whatver information is needed !

Thanks in advance !

I guess I didn’t provide a lot of information at first. I was like lets see if someone’s interested and then I’ll post more about it. So just to make it easier for you I am using a Dell XPS 15 L502x laptop. I have some other issues too with my Linux installation on this device but my internet connection is the one I give more priority too.
Here’s what i get after using sudo lshw -C network : http://pastebin.com/XghFPYka

I tried disabling the ‘n’ feature from my wireless adapter but nothing changed. In general, I tried a lot of things that I found while I googled my problem, but I thought of posting my own device and try find some help about my problem specifically.

I don’t know what else I can do to provide you with more information on this issue so I would appreciate any help at all!

Thanks a lot !