Xsane Error during read: invalid argument w/ canon pixma mx922

I am having difficulty getting the scanner to function on my multi function canon mx922. I’ve installed the canon drivers which were pretty obscure, then I installed updated versions of xsane and it’s libraries from SANE daily ppa. After which I did manage to get it to work. I was scanning documents and everything was fine until the station timed out and locked the screen when i stepped away. I logged back in and now i get (in xsane) error: invalid argument. I have no idea how to proceed from here. any advice or assistance is appreciated. The printer is a network printer and is not wired to the workstation.

Hi @Sean_Griffin,

try the Canon drivers (Asia) from the link I posted here:

1 Like

Good news everyone! after offering several sacrifices to the angry wizard in my computer box, some considerable effort and a bank error in my favor, I’ve got it working!! Thank you for the assistance, the links wolfman provided were a big help.

1 Like
  1. Visit Canon’s web site at:
    www.canontechsupport.com

2. Click on SUPPORT & DRIVERS. On the Support & Drivers page, select your model in the following manner:

a. From the first menu, select PRINTERS & MULTIFUNCTIONS.

b. From the second menu, select PIXMA MG SERIES.

c. From the third menu, click DRIVERS & SOFTWARE beside PIXMA MG6220.

3. Select Windows using the drop down menu SELECT OPERATING SYSTEM VERSION, then select Windows 8 (x64) using the SELECT OS VERSION drop down box.

4. Click SOFTWARE.

5. Click on MP Navigator EX.

6. Instructions for completing the download and installation will appear on the page that follows. You will also see a disclaimer at the bottom. Review the disclaimer, and click I AGREE - BEGIN DOWNLOAD.

7. Once the download is complete, double click on the downloaded file to start the installation. Follow the onscreen
    instructions to install.
    Check more troubleshooting tips from Canon PIXMA MX922 Manual- guideusermanual.com/product-name-pixma-mx922-manual&po=16522&lang=English