Alternate to Odin for Software Boutique?

Has anyone installed custom ROMs on mobile phones? On Windows I have used Odin and recently heard about Heimdall. Does anyone recommend it and if yes, is it suitable for the Software Boutique? I really need an alternative to Odin and this one is the only one I have found.

The Software Boutique should be a place for selected software that is proven to work with Ubuntu MATE. It should not be a replacement for Ubuntu Software.

My guess is that Heimdall is only for a selected few. So, IMHO it should not be added to the boutique. You can easily install it as it is in the main Ubuntu Repository, just do a

apt search heimdall-flash

I’ve heard of Heimdall, but haven’t seriously used it. From what I remember, it’s visually similar.

When flashing phones I tend to “stay safe” with a tool I know definitely works – Odin – and that involves pulling out a virtual machine. :frowning:

I echo @wizd3m. I think this tool is quite specialized then something that works for the average user. Flashing phones isn’t something to be taken lightly. :sweat:

My tuppence worth on this one is that the phone makers should also provide software FOR ALL OPERATING SYSTEMS and not just Winblows/MAC, write them a strong letter demanding support for your chosen OS or you will complain to the monopolies commission of your country!. :thumbsup: