Support for SIS graphics cards please

This didn’t work for me …

Lubuntu 14.04 worked fine … 16.04 is stuck at 640x480

sis671 in an old Averatec 6200

Tried an Xorg.conf from an arch sis wiki …
seemed to get stuck at the splash screen … reverted back to the previous …

Least i know that Lubuntu 16.04 is using the xorg.conf now …

+1 Request for SIS driver support. Thanks!

Hi wolfman

I’m new with the ubuntu OS and i have installed lubuntu 17.10, but i got that problem of the resolution.
I was told that i needed a sis driver to fix this problem, the thing is i dont know where to find a decent one and how to install, i believe i need to burn a disc to install this sis driver but i dont want to burn random discs to dont achieve any sucess.

Please help me, teach me how to solve this

Hi,

did you check this out?. :smiley:

it says 14.04 and 16.10, does it work for 17.10 too?

Ok, so i tried that, it worked, i reboot and press f6 and gives me a decent resolution. I rebooted a couple more times to test and there 's the resolution i wanted, but it kinda requires me to press f6.

Just a little question.

"I tried this on Ubuntu Mate 14.04/16.04/16.10 and Lubuntu 15.10, Press any key at boot (Live CD or USB stick) then F6 and set boot option “nomodeset”; it works no problem although it might occasionally go into suspend mode during boot!. "

Can you explain me this better? I kinda got a brainfart reading this and got a little confused.
Can you explain me this in other words?

Hi Nef,

I was trying it out on an old SIS graphics laptop and on occasion; the screen would go blank on me, that is really it in a nutshell!. It does work and you may well have to play around a little to get it to work for you, it depends on your system specs I suppose?. :smiley: