11 year old Brother printer HL2240

I am an old newby (86) and printer stopped printing after turning it off after successful printing. Everything on the AsusE510 laptop shows correctly as it does on the printer,but when PRINT is pressed, it will not print. I checked all the simpler troubleshooting requests; printer openings are shut properly, no blinking LED lights, no paper jam. I think I got all the simple fixes done. Now, before I use anything large and very heavy.... What do I do next?

1 Like

you may have to remove the printer from the Control Panel > Printers and re-install it again. This printer is monochrome laser, do you connect it via usb? you may have to redo the usb configuration. Brother printers go to "deep sleep" status which I have no idea how to "wake" them up.

2 Likes

Welcome @victory to the community!

1 Like

Thank you for your reply. Yes, it connects y USB. I've had it for 11 years, why does it want to deep sleep for the first time now? Well, I will check the manual for deep sleep. Merci.

Hi there,

I'm not sure this is one of the models that goes into deep sleep. If you can plug it into a network you can get into it's web interface by entering the IP in a browser from a computer on the same network, to check its settings.

Was it auto-detected or did you have to install drivers? If so which one did you use?

1 Like

Welcome @cma42 to the community!

1 Like

Hello John: Thank you for the reply, but I am not pc savvy and I realize this community is. Grandson will appear and do the honours. You all are kind to take the trouble to respond.

1 Like