18.04 has no network icon!

Thanks SRG, your tip about resetting the panel caused my owncloud (nextcloud) icon to show up and restored my missing network icon at the same time. :slight_smile:
Also, thanks to any devs who might have been working behind the scenes to make this possible.

1 Like

Somehow, last week my system apparently hosed itself. SOMETHING happened, and the unbootable system had a blank disk. NO idea how it happened; this is expected with Windows.:wink:

Anyway, a complete installation was in order. Now, the network icon is present.

Fortunately, I have gotten used to compiling Aqualung, my go-to music player for a radio show.

Left the Ubuntu repos some time ago. A PPA was up, but it doesnā€™t have a Bionic version.

Hi all, I had this exact same problem. I fixed it by simply going to the very top bar, right clicking and then selecting reset panel. This brought back the complete panel for me. Hope this helps!

how, or where are instruction on what ā€˜Indicator Applet Completeā€™ is, where to find it, and how does one "add" it?

Days, into weeks, just to figure it out and still can't find some o the 'icons' or apps, or sudo thingies or what-evers, just to connect to Windows. Arrgggg!!!
I just want the Mate to drop files on the Windows folder somewhere, anywhere.

Thanks,
~i~

Right click the Panel, and choose Add to Panel. In the list that shows up look for 'Indicator Applet Complete' and add it, then move it to where on the panel you want it.

I'm catching up on some old stuff. FYI, my problem was (probably still is),. ignorance. Dum-dum here installed Ubuntu - and should have installed Ubuntu MATE. Once I reinstall but with MATE this time, it was like a a bright beautiful sunrise. :slight_smile:

~i~

Thanks SRG, your tip about resetting the panel, my hiding icon such wifi already back to my panel. Your tips work for me..